To our valued customers,
We are all adjusting, personally and professionally, to the changes resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. As with many parts of the country, all non-essential businesses are shut down in the San Antonio area, our home base. Due to the nature of our business in supporting 9-1-1 and critical dispatch call centers, other law enforcement agencies and CAC’s, Commercial Electronics is exempt from these rules. Even though we are exempt, we are working across our organization to protect our employees while continuing to serve our customers. I wanted to share some information on how we are mitigating the impact that the pandemic is having on supporting our customers. First I want to express the hope that you and those you love have only been minimally impacted and a rapid and full recovery for those who have been affected.
We have taken the following responsible steps to comply with COVID-19 protocols:
- All of our personnel were put into telecommute mode and instructed to work from home, however, our full staff remains available to assist you with your recording system needs;
- We will be strictly adhering to our policy of remote troubleshooting prior to dispatch where possible as well. Urgent dispatches will still continue and non-urgent dispatches will be reviewed in order to limit in person contact to only necessary situations;
- Our support and project teams will be working with our customers on new installations, equipment upgrades and system expansions, to keep these projects moving forward. In lieu of our technical staff having to come on-site, we are discounting installation charges for clients that can provide all necessary hands-on labor to stage hardware with our remote support. We will provide on-site installation as may be necessary;
- All dispatched personnel will exercise proper distancing protocols as well as be properly equipped with sanitary products (i.e. filtered masks, gloves and hand sanitizer) to ensure they are keeping themselves and our clients safe while out in the field;
- We continue to offer our regularly scheduled HigherGround Basic and Advanced Live Webinar Training as well as our industry-specific, Public Safety Education Series. Both of these training opportunities are free, but registration is required.
As we look out for our customers and each other’s health and safety, we’re also preparing for a new business environment. We are working to combat product delivery delays by increasing our standard stock levels of several high-demand items and diversifying our supply chain on others. Manufacturers are rightfully giving priority to healthcare organizations directly, so some delays will likely be unavoidable.
With your assistance, we will be able to do our part to limit the potential spread of the COVID-19 virus while continuing to support those of you on the front line providing public safety to communities around the country. We appreciate your assistance and understanding during this time.
OUR PHONE LINES REMAIN OPEN and answered; our entire staff is available to support you.
We wish you and yours, safety and good health.